- Liam talks about one of his more memorable castle stays in Ireland
- Budgeting for your accommodations in Ireland
- How much does a trip to Ireland cost?
- How much does accommodation cost in Ireland?
- Stephanie Chastain – www.infiniteireland.com
- How Much Does It Cost? Part I: Transportation in Ireland
- How Much Does It Cost? Part II: Accommodations in Ireland
- How Much Does It Cost? Part III: Food in Ireland
- Nightly B&B Budget: €35 per person per night
- TripAdvisor – www.tripadvisor.com
- B&B websites
- When considering a cheaper B&B, ask yourself “Do they include breakfast?” “Where are they located?” “Do they have all the amenities I want?”
- If you use booking sites like www.bookings.com and www.hotels.com, your rate may not include breakfast or might be per room rather than per person
- Splurge days might include upscale B&Bs to manor homes to castles and can range in price and offerings. Splurge Day budget $150-250 (€140-240) per night
- Ashford Castle – Cong, Co Mayo – www.ashfordcastle.com
- Adare Manor – Adare, Co Limerick – www.adaremanor.com
- Cahernane House – Killarney, Co Kerry – www.cahernane.com
- Corrib House – Galway, Co Galway – www.corribhouse.comt
- Hotels in Ireland can be harder to budget for because rates can vary.
- Hostels in Ireland – can vary dormitory rooms to ensuite, private rooms, many include a cold breakfast – prices vary
- Self-catering – renting an apartment, house, or cottage – prices vary – search using the terms “self-catering” + the area you want to stay or visit www.ireland.com
- Do you tip at a B&B? Generally, it’s not expected.
- Where does Stephanie look for accommodations?
- Search for a B&Bs websites
- How far is it from town or the nearest shop or restaurant?
- Ask us your question
- Thank you to Mary Mulvihill (www.ingeniousireland.ie), to Chris Kelley for reading Brian’s questions, and to Beth Murphy for reading the accommodation question