Stephanie Chastain steps in to help us figure out how much it will cost us to get to Ireland and how much we should set aside for getting around once we get there. Whether it’s a self-drive or public transportation, she’s got us covered.
CLICK for Show Notes
- Liam talks about how he once saved money by flying a Russian airline to Ireland.
- How much does a trip to Ireland really cost?
- How much should I budget for transportation in Ireland?
- Stephanie Chastain – www.infiniteireland.com
- How Much Does It Cost? Part I: Transportation in Ireland
- How Much Does It Cost? Part II: Accommodations in Ireland
- How Much Does It Cost? Part III: Food in Ireland
- Airfare budget is usually $800-1400 depending on when you go and where you are coming from.
- Places to find the best rates
- Set alerts
- Adjust your dates to see the rates
- Sign up for email enewsletters from airlines
- Book earlier
- Arriving by ferry
- Irish Ferries
- Booking early and fare sales can lower your price
- Hiring a car in Ireland
- Auto vs manual
- Insurance – full insurance with “excess” or low deductible
- $70 a day for automatic with full insurance for
- Dan Dooley Discount Dan Dooley with the code dochara – www.dan-dooley.ie
- Insurance included with your credit card might not be available in Ireland
- Letter of coverage for any third-party insurance
- Other expenses
- Gas/petrol costs
- Parking fees
- Car ferries
- Tolls – find out how your car rental company wants you to pay for tolls
- Public transport
- Plan ahead
- Irish bus system – www.buseireann.ie
- Irish Rail – price increases as you get closer to the date of travel – www.irishrail.ie
- Thank yous: Mary Mulvihill www.ingeniousireland.ie, Chris Kelley, Jody Halsted