Ireland on a Budget
This summer I’ve started a new project that centers on Ireland’s best budget accommodations. It’s been an interesting task; and I’ve been quite pleased with some of the places I’ve visited — most for under €25 per person!!!
This research has opened my eyes to some absolutely outstanding places to stay that are under the radar of the average visitor… I had almost resigned myself to believing that accommodation prices in Ireland were only going up.
Here are a few of the gems I’ve found:
- Old Irish train cars transformed into overnight accommodations.
- A room in the wilds of Connemara with a stunning view of Killary Harbour.
- A farm with chickens that provide eggs for breakfast.
- A spacious in-town room with balcony overlooking a quiet river.
- A charming, rustic lodge that goes off-the-grid with no electricity or running water.
- A budget hostel with a sleek honeymoon suite.
- A night in a Buddhist retreat perched on the edge of a sea cliff.
I’m on the road this week adding to my list of unique, high quality accommodations that won’t break the bank. After I’ve sifted through the good, the bad, and the scary (yes, some of them have been downright frightening), I’ll be sharing my finds with the Irish Fireside community.
Let me know about your favorite budget accommodations!
Here are a few photos from some of the accommodations… you might notice, I’m giving you a peek at the details that make a place unique… full property reviews will come later.