Eight Websites We’re Thankful For
This tradition means something different for every family, and at the Irish Fireside it’s a time to look to our favorite web resources and share them with the world.
- Time Travel Ireland — with its growing archive of distinct places scattered around Ireland, this site combines gorgeous photos with solid research of fascinating places that don’t get much notice.
- Pól Ó Conghaile — Pól has earned his stripes as “Ireland’s Travel Expert” as a journalist, but his new book “Secret Dublin: An Unusual Guide” and his fantastic blog posts can point even a seasoned Ireland traveler in a new direction.
- Isle Magazine — Serving as the gateway to Ireland’s best online-only destination magazine, Isle Magazine celebrates places, people, and entrepreneurship on the Emerald Isle.
- Landlopers — Since his trip to Ireland in October, Matt from Landlopers has been publishing a fantastic stream of posts about his trip around Ireland and the memorable experiences he encountered.
- Wee Kitchen — Food, glorious food! And every morsel at Wee Kitchen is inspired by Ireland in some way. This Blog Awards Ireland Finalist has made its mark on my appetite with delicious recipes and gorgeous photos.
- Ingenious Ireland Atlas — Crafted by the same people who created the Ingenious Ireland tours and books, their Atlas highlights the Emerald Isle’s connections to innovation.
- Fairy Tale Traveler — Finally a website that gives us permission NOT to grow up; and best of all, the site rightfully offers Ireland a generous allocation to cover those magical, mystical, mythological places.
- Irish Archaeology — Looking to Ireland’s distant past, this site features the artifacts and locations that represent important segments of the island’s history and culture.
Photo credit: Heart of Stone near Muckross House, Co Kerry by Eole Wind via Flickr Creative Commons.