There’s a tradition in the United States that on the third Thursday of November citizens take a moment to reflect on the things for which they are thankful.
It’s a lovely custom that means something different for every family… for some it’s early-morning shopping (or now late-night shopping) or American football or parades or time with family or simply a day to reflect. For us, it’s also a day to look to the web and determine a few websites for which we’re thankful. Each site on our list has proven to be committed to celebrating their passion for Ireland… and contributing to a wonderful year.
- Ireland Travel Kit — when it comes to finding Ireland’s offbeat and unique places, this new location-focused website and smartphone app delivers a one-stop shop with recommendations from travel experts and enthusiasts.
- Irish History Podcast — don’t let the name fool you, there’s more than just fascinating podcasts… there are loads articles about Ireland’s medieval history.
- Got Ireland — with its steady flow of interesting posts, Got Ireland gives us the kind of posts Irish Firesiders love… a bit of travel advice, some Irish culture, and a collection interesting tidbits.
- Infinite Ireland — designed with the first-time visitor in mind, Infinite Ireland outlines everything a visitor needs to know when planning a trip to Ireland.
- World Irish — this steadily growing online community has become a consistent information source for the Irish community around the globe to share info and follow news.
- Vibrant Ireland — Ireland is brimming with great things to see and do, and Vibrant Ireland works to tell us about what’s happening on the country’s bright side.