A Weekend Morning Digital Journey to Ireland
Today is the grand opening of Titanic Belfast and the kickoff to the month-long festival connected to it. Between that and all the other wonderful things going on in Ireland, there are plenty of web links to enjoy with your weekend coffee or tea. In case you missed our last e-newsletter, here’s a few of our favorites…
Swimming with Titanic News
- View some never-before-seen-images of the Titanic.
- Explore the Titanic story on a commemorative cruise… or in Belfast, Cobh, Pigeon Forge, Branson, San Diego, Detroit, Kansas City, Las Vegas, and Orlando.
- OR Explore the Titanic story in South Hampton (UK), Cherbourg (France), Halifax (Nova Scotia), Singapore, Washington DC, Colorado, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Georgia – yeah, everybody’s doing something for this anniversary.
- Discover the Titanic’s Canadian connection.
- Place your bid on an original “Titanic Sinking” telegrams (the 1912 equivalent of email).
- Take in some artwork that celebrates those who built the Titanic.
- Follow the new Titanic signs in Belfast.
- Download the latest FREE edition of Belfast in Your Pocket and start planning your visit.
Breaking Away from the Big Ship and Onwards to Ireland
- Take a pop quiz and test your knowledge of Ireland.
- Hear four Irish bloggers answer “Why Ireland?“
- Find the 5 Irish foods worth traveling for.
- Learn a few tips from an Expert’s Guide to Ireland.
- Win a luxury weekend in Connemara.
- Take in some Shakespeare in Wexford.
- Find out which ancient herd has been around Ireland for 5,000 years.
- Break for spring with these Irish treasures.
- Listen in as the Irish Fireside pays a visit to This Week in Travel.
- Spend some time on the Aran Islands.
- Learn how Ireland was literally 20 minutes ahead of the times.
- Find inspiration on the lakes of Fermanagh.