Happy Easter to all. As a little treat for you all, we thought we’d share some news items today that might go nicely with your morning cup of tea or coffee… or your post-chocolate-bunny sugar coma
- A Pretty Irish Easter – Based on the comments when we posted this on our Facebook page, this article by Imen McDonnell from “I Married an Irish Farmer” was exactly what a lot of people were looking for this Easter… a bit of history, a touch of creativity, and a mix of traditions.
- Hidden Ireland – Dine in Ireland’s Country House B&Bs – Discover Ireland takes us to some spectacular places to stay and eat all over the Emerald Isle.
- Belfast’s World-Class Tribute to Titantic – In the town where the Titanic was built, a dramatic new building will provide an extensive look at the story of the memorable ship.
- The Cats of Belfast Castle – Legend has it that the castle will remain safe under the protection of cats. This story offers a photographic tour of the cat art in the area.
- Kilkenny Goes Woolly This Summer – With 10,000 sheep shearers arriving from across Ireland, the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, the Sheep Wool Festival celebrates everything wool-related.
- Easter Sunday and a Funeral for a Fish – Bridget Haggerty tells us a bit about Irish Easter traditions with this story about the fish funeral put on by the butchers.