Exploring Moneygall Before President Obama Arrives
It’s official. Barack Obama is making his way to Ireland in May. Like Ronald Reagan’s visit to Ballyporeen in County Tipperary in 1984, a presidential visit is big news in Ireland… especially for a tiny Irish village that wouldn’t normally make it on the tourist route.
For the occassion, the Corrigan brothers updated their song “There’s No One as Irish as Barack Obama” expecially for the event. We thought it only appropriate that we update podcast episode #114 where we visit Moneygall, County Ofally… Obama’s ancestral town.
- Show notes watch the video with the original version on the song here
- Our Interview with Megan Smolenyak
- The Story of Barack Obama’s Irish Roots
- US Presidents with Irish Connections
- Our Favorite Sites in Google Street View
- Recreate Our Moneygall Google Street View Journey