Presents for Puck Gift Exchange
Every year in the month of August, the village of Killorglin in County Kerry crowns a goat (or puck) king for three days. The Puck Fair is the oldest in Ireland (click here for details about the fair). For our online celebration, we’re hosting a “Presents for Puck” gift exchange.
It works just like our Lucky Leprechaun and Secret Santa exchanges. When you sign up, you agree to send an Ireland-inspired gift to another Irish Firesider… something that will gain the favor of King Puck. In return, someone else will ship a gift to you. Get a peek at gifts from our last exchange.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Fill out the sign up form below by Tuesday, July 26, 2011.
- We’ll send you the name, address and email of your Presents for Puck recipient on Wednesday, July 27th.
- Make, buy, or contrive some sort of gift valued at about $10 (US). We embrace creativity and encourage an Irish theme, but ultimately, everyone is left to their own devices.
- Ship your gift with a personal note by Wednesday, August 10th (we encourage you to include your email and/or mailing address so your recipient knows how to send you a thank you).
- Wait by the mailbox for your gift to arrive.
- Once your gift arrives, send your a thank you note.
- Then, send us a report of your gift… we’ll publish it on our blog (here’s a few from our last gift exchange).
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.