Be a Part of the Secret Santa Fun
Last year, 42 people exchanged gifts in the Irish Fireside Secret Santa. It was a fun (and not-so-secret) way for people around the US (and a few international locations) to spread a little Irish holiday cheer. Here’s how you can participate:
- Fill out the sign up form below by Friday, December 10th.
- We’ll send you the name, address and email of your Secret Santa recipient on Saturday, December 11th.
- Make, buy or contrive some sort of gift valued at about $10 (US). We embrace creativity and encourage an Irish theme, but ultimately, everyone is left to their own devices.
- Ship your gift with a personal note by Saturday, December 18th (we encourage you to include your email and/or mailing address – this is not intended to be entirely secret)
- Wait by the mailbox for a gift from your Secret Santa.
- Once your gift arrives, send your Secret Santa a thank you note.
- Then, send us a report of your gift… we’ll publish them on the blog (here’s a few from last year).
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secret Santa Sign Up Is Now Closed
- Secret Santa Sign Up – Today thru Friday, Dec 10th
- Secret Santa Name Exchange Day – Saturday, Dec 11th
- Shipping Days – Saturday, Dec 11th thru Saturday, Dec 18th (you only need to send your gift once)
- Shipping Deadline – Saturday, Dec 18th – the last day to ship your gift
- Deadbeat Secret Santa Report – Sunday, Dec 26th – Yep, it happens, sometimes people DON’T fulfill their duties as a Secret Santa… oh the shame!!! We do our best to pick up the slack, but PLEASE DON’T BE A DEADBEAT SECRET SANTA.
By signing up, you give us permission to share your contact information with your Secret Santa (and possibly your Secret Santa recipient)… we don’t share your information with anyone else.
Photo credit: Jose Maria Cuellar