Links for Visitors
- Iarnród Éireann/Irish Rail – official site of the rail system in the Republic of Ireland, routes and ticket sales (includes DART – Dublin Area Rapid Transport)
- Translink – official site of the rail system in Northern Ireland
- Belfast in Your Pocket Guide to Northern Ireland Rail – a look at every station in Northern Ireland
- Dublin in Your Pocket Guide to Irish Rail – a look at the Dublin-to-Sligo and Dublin-to-Cork rail routes
- Railtours Ireland – Ireland’s most popular destinations by rail (tours start in Dublin or London)
- Discover Ireland – Ireland’s official web portal for visitors
- LUAS – Dublin’s light rail tram system
- Rail Tours Ireland – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 day tours of Ireland that combine rail with other guided tours.
- Forgoing the Car in Ireland – New York Times article about planning a rail tour
Links for Rail Enthusiasts
- History of Rail Transport in Ireland
- West Clare Railway
- Waterford and Suir Valley Railway
- Bog Train History
We’ll keep adding to this list as we find more resources.