“This Week in Travel” Goes a Wee Bit Irish
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I was invited to green things up over at the “This Week in Travel” podcast.
That’s the show where the (almost holy) Trinity of Travel – Gary McArndt, Chris O’Christensen and Jen “Sweet Colleen” Leo – chat about which travel scams are trying to steal yer pot o’ gold, tell tales of bad leprechauns getting kicked off a planes, carry on about gadgets that book cozy B&Bs and introduce the world to non-Irish destinations… I know, many of you have forgotten that there are places to visit other than the Emerald Isle, so a healthy dose of “This Week in Travel” will be good for you.
In our fireside chat… without the fireside, we talk about headlines in Irish travel, best-loved Destinations in Ireland, the Irish-American Road Trip and loads of other items I think you’ll enjoy.
Use the player at the top of this post to have a listen. You are welcome to visit their site, leave a comment and even subscribe to their weekly podcast at www.thisweekintravel.com.
Here are some links from the Irish section of the chat…
- Ireland Yes Forum – moderated by Michele Erdvig – www.IrelandYes.com
- Ireland Expert Forum - moderated by Pat Preston – www.IrelandExpert.com
- Ireland Travel 101 – by Pat Preston – www.irelandexpert.com/IrelandTravel101.html
- Queen Might Visit to Ireland – www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/7358961/Queen-to-make-first-visit-to-Ireland.html
- Free Rail Travel for Tourists Over 65 in Ireland – www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0317/1224266441900.html
- Discover Ireland – www.discoverireland.com
- CIE Tours – www.cietours.ie – Fly & Drive Tours – Research B&B Vouchers
- Ring of Kerry – most popular
- Dingle – the film “Ryan’s Daughter”
- Achill Island – More remote
- Inishowen – Northern Most
- Cooley Peninsula – Between Belfast and Dublin/Carlingford
- Midlands – non-coastal regions/County Tipperary/Lough Derg/Rock of Cashel/Athassel Priory in Golden – a fantastic ruin
- Kilkenny – Medieval Town
- Northern Ireland Route – Belfast/Glens of Antrim/Causeway Coast
- Visit a Irish Music Session
- Guinness Pub Finder App - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id339917896?mt=8