08 The Cliffs of Moher, Roasted Salmon and The Devil’s Bit – AUDIO
Episode Guide – Podcast #08 The Cliffs of Moher, Roasted Salmon and The Devil’s Bit
Katherine Webster, Director of the Cliffs of Moher New Visitor Centre updates on their construction, we taste some of Fionn mac Cumhaill Salmon and we finish up with a song by Theresa Larkin.
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON below to listen.
Our Podcasts are availble on iTunes
A special hello to the listeners we met at Milwaukee Irish Fest:
- Anita and Patrick, Illinois
- Helen and Alvey, Wisconsin
- Bill and Peggy, Florida
- Chloe, Ontario
- Christin, Michigan
- Theresa and Kathleen, Ireland
The Cliffs of Moher interview with Katherine Webster, Director of the Cliffs of Moher New Visitor Experience.
Food from the Fireside
Irish Fireside Song
- The Devil’s Bit
Katherine Webster, Director
The Cliffs of Moher New Visitor Experience
- Scheduled to open February 2007
- New, partialy underground visitor centre
- Extended and improved pathways
- Raised viewing platforms
- Katherine also mentions the legend of Fionn mac Cumhaill (Finn McCool) and Hag’s Head.
- Places mentioned: Loop Head, Miltown Malbay, Kilkee, the Burren, Poulnabrone Dolmen, Lough Derg, St. Fachtna Cathedral in Kilfenora, Killaloe (Heritage Centre, Brian Boru Fort, Graves of the Leinstermen, Lookout), Kilbaha (the Little Ark), Corkscrew Road.
The Devil’s Bit/Miss Jane MacInnes Dandeleith – Waltz/Reel
- Written by: Theresa Larkin
- Performed by: Noel McQuaid – Bouzouki/Mandolins/Banjo
- Theresa Larkin – Flute/Fiddles/Accordion/Synthesizer
- Martin – Shakers/Snare Drum
- Adele – Cello